I was thinking the other day how many different resources are out there to help someone learn software development. There's something to appeal to almost every style:
- Reference docs
- Virtual labs
- Newsgroups, discussion forums
- Live Events
- Professional Groups
- Training (class room setting)
- Sample code - quickstarts
- Sample code - real projects
- Tutorials & Walkthroughs
- Local class at community college
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- Teaching others (forces you to learn it)
- Write your own blog
- Personal pet projects
- Open source projects
- Your coworkers. A physically present person, who can look at your machine environment, can be the best way to learn.
- Private tutor – perhaps for introductory topics where such tutors are much more abundant.
Any others that you've personally found helpful?
Post a Comment