If there's any sharp Software Engineers in the Chicago, IL area looking for a new job, my company, Paylocity (www.paylocity.com) is hiring. I've been at several good companies, and this is by far the best Software Development place I've personally seen. We're developing a .Net application for Payroll. Here are some of the perks:
- Great Learning Opportunities: Working with cutting-edge .Net development (migrated to .Net 2.0 in November, 2005)
- Work-Life Balance: Local software department - no travel. Dress code is casual. Office hours 8-5. We have laptops and can do extra work at home.
- Working from home Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Job Security: Smaller company (100 people total, 20 in software department), so we're too small to be outsourced, and privately owned (and owner refuses to sell), so we won't be sold.
- Company has been profitable and grown every year (for all 8 years) - even during the IT crash we still grew.
- Stable Group: 0% involuntary turn-over. Maybe 1 person voluntarily leaves each year.
- Interesting work: There are separate IT and Internal development departments. Even within our department there are separate QA and Busines Analyst teams. Therefore you can focus on development.
- Great, collaborative team. Average person has maybe 8 - 10 years experience. Team is large enough that you can specialize in areas that interest you (UI, Business Tier, Database, etc...), yet small enough to still get an interesting variety.
You can see an official description here.
If you're interested, just contact me at email@example.com.